McWhorter's Truck Center - Clovis Highway
McWhorter's Truck Center
213 North Avenue U Lubbock, TX 79415
Phone: (806) 763-8208
Key PersonnelTony Lee, Branch Manager: 4 years
Paul Chenoweth, Parts Manager: 1 year
Marcus Foster, Service Manager: 1 year
Conveniently located north of downtown, McWhorter’s is near U.S. Route 84, also known as Clovis Highway. Whether you are local or just passing through Lubbock, certified ASE mechanics and tire industry technicians handle a wide variety of services with decades of experience. Several on our team are multi-generation mechanics and licensed electricians.
- Mounting of new light, medium and heavy duty truck tires from Goodyear, Dunlop, Kelly, Titan, GT Radial and Triangle
- Mounting of retread tires, created at our Slaton Highway location
- Complete suspension: shocks, front and rear axle repair, truck and trailer frame straightening
- Preventative fleet maintenance
- Driveline and drive shaft repairs
- Diesel engine repairs, tune-ups, maintenance and rebuilds
- Transmission/clutch repairs and rebuilds
- Brake inspections and repairs (DOT certified) for air and hydraulic systems
- 24-hour roadside tire repairs all over West Texas
- PTO Repairs (power take-off systems) for farm tractors and commercial vehicles
- Welding for aluminum/steel chassis, frame and body work
- Oil changes on all commercial vehicles
- Radiator repair and replacement
- Electrical system repair/computerized diagnosis
- Battery installation and replacement
- Extensive selection of truck parts in stock
- Wheel Alignments, Balancing & Truing
McWhorter offers manual wheel alignments for 2- 3 axle steer suspensions. Our commercial service team have done it this way for decades and will find the optimum position for the best tire life, traction and fuel economy. We do use a computerized Bee Line machine for accurate trailer wheel alignments.
We are one of the few Truck Centers in Texas to handle tire trueing. For over twenty years, our team’s process and specialized equipment helps drivers achieve round tires through shaving of steer and drive tires.
Our mechanics will also repair hubs, wheels and balance tires using flashing strobes and spinners. We can also check your tire air pressure and adjust at no extra cost.
Comprehensive Commercial Tractor & Trailer Repair
McWhorter serves owner-operator fleets, independent truck drivers and national fleets. As an authorized Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Center, McWhorter also supports Goodyear national accounts. Goodyear tires and most mechanical work carries an extensive nationwide warranty.
Whether you just need an oil change, tires or have seven critical issues, our diesel mechanics and service team will work hard to earn your business as a one stop truck stop. Manager Cory Buck, worked at a Penske Truck Leasing for eighteen years and has relationships with local body shops and all truck dealers in town. If you need warranty work or a new front end frame, our own team and network can handle any repairs from minor to major. We source OEM parts straight from the dealer.
Federal & Department of Transportation (DOT) Inspections
McWhorter’s Truck Center offers certified, DOT annual inspections, and we do more than twenty per day!
Our team also handles manual and automatic regeneration of DPF (Diesel Particulate Filters). EGR or (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) systems are also inspected and can be repaired by our team.
McWhorter Fixes All Commercial Vehicles & Trailers
Our mechanical team repairs any vehicle and trailer - no matter the size, brand, engine or shape. Over the last 70+ years, we’ve received more than a few odd jobs.
We are proud to work on buses from United Blood Services, supporting their effort to save lives. McWhorter’s also handles fleet maintenance for LP&L, The City of Lubbock, Penske, Bluebird & Bluestar school buses, even Brinks armored trucks. Below, we’ve listed a variety of vehicles our team has repaired.
- Commercial Cranes & Construction: Up to double axle cranes, excavators, forklifts, bulldozers, bobcats, front-end-loaders and quad-axle dump trucks used for trash, cement or oil fields.
- Commercial Trucks: Semis, electrical utility trucks, boom trucks, wreckers, emergency vehicles, and more.
- Commercial Truck Trailers: Gooseneck, dry van, flat, drop deck, pup, chemical/acid tank, Reefer/refrigerated, beverage, fifth wheel, car carriers, even horse and livestock trailers.
- Motorhomes:Class A, B, B+, C, campervans, toterhomes, truck conversions and more. Dealers throughout Texas refer to our team, for our proven ability to handle complex electrical issues and slide out repairs on even the most expensive RV’s from all manufacturers.
- Commercial Buses:Charter/coach/tour, school buses and more.
- Specialty Vehicles: armored vehicles, storm chaser vehicles, street sweepers, wheelchair van conversions, Swat trucks and more.
If it’s too big, our mechanics can be dispatched to repair at your site, although our engine bays can accommodate up to ten full-size semi tractors and trailers.